WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!!

This is where you can view my most recent work, product updates, and where I will be sharing details of my personal life! If you are interested in booking a wedding or portrait session or would like to view my portfolio exclusively please feel free to visit my website!

Thank you for stopping by! ENJOY!!!!

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Extreme Makeover Home Edition

I was so thrilled when I got the opportunity to volunteer as a photographer for Extreme Makeover Home Edition! It was incredible to see what great things happen when people come together and serve their community! I was so impressed with how Extreme Makeover not only builds a new beautiful home, but also does a lot of work in the rest of the neighborhood. Volunteers painted houses, fixed roofs, planted trees, and cleaned up the area. 





I arrived at 6 am...brrrr! It was very cold and windy. As you can see there wasn't anyone outside...at this point they were painting the inside of the house and library.





I got in a little trouble for taking this picture...I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to shoot through the windows. Ooops!



This is how they generated a lot of the electricity!





Because it had rained so much the night before, the whole area was a huge mud puddle! Workers had to take their shoes off.







Estridge is the builder for this project. They have done an incredible job! It's about 8 am in this shot...finally people started to arrive for me to take pictures of!



Besides the inside of the house, they just had landscaping left to do.







Here you can see volunteers getting served breakfast.

























I was so glad Brian came along with me...I know he enjoyed the whole experience too!


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

what a day, wow!

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Shelly - what an amazing opportunity! You do happen to know the architect of this home, do you? My husband and I would like to build a home just like this in the new few years and this one is amazing! If so, I'd love to get their name :)

Great photos, as always!

Whitney said...

I'm so excited you were able to do this! I LOVE Extreme Makeover and can't wait until it airs next month. How exciting for this family!!

Megan said...

Shelly,
Looks cold in the early am! It was still cold during the day shift. Great shots, loved the ladder one! See you soon.